About Our Coaches
We may be biased, but Tallyho has the best coaches in the MCSL! We employ a model of seasoned career coaches (who also both happen to be MCPS teachers!) with a group of swimmers who grew up swimming in the MCSL or on deck at Tallyho. Each coach brings both expertise in swimming technique and a passion for fun and summer league swimming. Whether teaching strokes in pre-team or honing starts for the county all-star meet, our coaches give 100 percent to the team!
Coach Gandhi brings with him dynamic experience as a swimmer and coach. Some highlights are below:
- MCSL and PVS-born and bred (Wootton High School Grad, Stonebridge Sharks MCSL summer swimmer and RMSC year-round swimmer)
- Richard Montgomery High school IB Chemistry teacher
- Six years, Head Coach, Tallyho Swim Team
- Five years, Coach, Rockville-Montgomery Swim Club National Training Group
- Three years, Head Coach, Richard Montgomery Swim/Dive
- Two years, Coach, Naval Academy Aquatics Club
- Three years, Coach and Aquatics Director, Bay Ridge Marlins Swim Team
- Four years, Assistant Coach, Annapolis Senior High School Swim Team
- Four years-member, two years-Vice President, UMD Club Swim Team
- Four years-member, National Training Group, Rockville Montgomery Swim Club
- Four years-member, one year-Captain, Thomas S. Wootton High School Swim Team
- Ten years-member, four years-assistant coach, Stonebridge Sharks Swim Team
This is Coach Gandhi's 6th year coaching Tallyho and we are excited to have him back!
- Current head coach of Clarksburg High School Swim and Dive team
- 9+ years of experience working with swimmers ages 4-18 of all abilities
- 4 years member of UMD Club Swimming, one as an officer
- Montgomery County Public School high school teacher
- Swam competitively in Pennsylvania on summer teams, club teams and high school team
This is Coach Emily's 6th year coaching at Tallyho! We are excited to have her back!
Samantha joined the Tallyho coaching staff 2 years ago as the club’s first head pre-team coach and enjoyed her time helping little foxes get ready for the team. Samantha returns to Tallyho this year as a second year team assistant coach. She will attend Tulane University in the fall and plans to be a part of the club swim team. Samantha is a competitive swimmer for RMSC in Advanced Seniors at the KSAC location. When not coaching or training, Samantha enjoys spending time in the summer swimming and hanging out with friends. Samantha is available for private swim lessons and looking forward to a great summer!
Tommy is a rising sophomore at the University of Maryland studying neuroscience. He has swam at Tallyho since he was 6 years old, has coached preteam for 3 years, managed preteam for 2 years, and is excited to be back coaching on the main team for his second year! Tommy can’t wait for the summer. If you have any questions please email him!
Mia is a rising college freshman and has been swimming since she was 8 years old. She has been a tallyho fox since 2015. She swam on Nationals Capital Swim Team for 5 years and on the Jackson-Reed Swim Team for 4 years throughout high school. Mia loves coaching and can’t wait for the best season!
Hi all, my name is Bruce and I am a rising 9th grader at Richard Montgomery High School. I have been a part of Tallyho since I was 7 and I remember having an anxiety attack at my first Time Trials so I think I can identify well with the pre-teamers!! I hope to help the pre-teamers love the sport just as I have come to do. This is my first time taking part in pre-team activities and I am excited to have another great summer at Tallyho with all of you.