About Our Coaches
We may be biased, but Tallyho has the best coaches in the MCSL! We employ a model of seasoned career coaches (who also both happen to be MCPS teachers!) with a group of swimmers who grew up swimming in the MCSL or on deck at Tallyho. Each coach brings both expertise in swimming technique and a passion for fun and summer league swimming. Whether teaching strokes in pre-team or honing starts for the county all-star meet, our coaches give 100 percent to the team!
Coach Gandhi brings with him dynamic experience as a swimmer and coach. Some highlights are below:
- MCSL and PVS-born and bred (Wootton High School Grad, Stonebridge Sharks MCSL summer swimmer and RMSC year-round swimmer)
- Richard Montgomery High school IB Chemistry teacher
- Five years, Head Coach, Tallyho Swim Team
- Four years, Coach, Rockville-Montgomery Swim Club National Training Group
- Two years, Head Coach, Richard Montgomery Swim/Dive
- Two years, Coach, Naval Academy Aquatics Club
- Three years, Coach and Aquatics Director, Bay Ridge Marlins Swim Team
- Four years, Assistant Coach, Annapolis Senior High School Swim Team
- Four years-member, two years-Vice President, UMD Club Swim Team
- Four years-member, National Training Group, Rockville Montgomery Swim Club
- Four years-member, one year-Captain, Thomas S. Wootton High School Swim Team
- Ten years-member, four years-assistant coach, Stonebridge Sharks Swim Team
This is Coach Gandhi's fifth year coaching Tallyho and we are excited to have him back!
- Current head coach of Clarksburg High School Swim and Dive team
- 8 + years of experience working with swimmers ages 4-18 of all abilities
- 4 years member of UMD Club Swimming, one as an officer
- Montgomery County Public School high school teacher
- Swam competitively in Pennsylvania on summer teams, club teams and high school team
This is Coach Emily's 5th year coaching at Tallyho! We are excited to have her back!
Kyle is a recent college graduate and Tallyho Foxes Alumnus. He is currently working in the Adventist Shady Grove Emergency Room, but is quitting his job to coach Tallyho for the summer before he leaves for a Fulbright scholarship in Taiwan in August.
Shoshana is going into her sophomore year at the University of Pittsburgh studying exercise science and Physical Therapy. She graduated from Winston Churchill HS in the class of 2021. At Tallyho, she has been a member and part of the swim team her whole life, a lifeguard, and a pre-team coach. She is super excited to continue at Tallyho and work with you all as a coach this summer!