2023 Meets and Events
Remember to use the Meets+Events Signup (main tab above) to actually:
- Sign up swimmers for meets
- Sign up to volunteer.
Below is an overview of the season and its structure.
All swimmers are expected to attend Time Trials. If you cannot attend, please work with Coach Akshay for an alternate plan.
- Saturday, June 10, 2023 @ Tallyho -- ALL SWIMMERS
A MEETS (Saturday Morning Meets)
A Meets are scored dual meets. Coach Akshay and his staff make the line-ups, which are announced Thursday of each week.
- Saturday, June 17, HOME vs. Old Farm
- Saturday, June 24, AWAY @ Damascus
- Saturday, July 1, HOME vs. Mohican
- Saturday, July 8, HOME vs. Woodcliffe
- Sunday, July 9, Relay Carnival @ Damascus
- Tuesday, July 11, Coaches Invitational Long Course @ Rockville
- Saturday, July 15, AWAY @ Franklin Knolls
- Saturday, July 22, Divisional @ Woodcliffe
- Saturday, July 29, MCSL All Star Relay
- Sunday, July 30, MCSL All Star Individual (See here for qualifying times)
B MEETS (Wednesday Night Meets)
The crux of our team and MCSL are the Wednesday Night "B" Meets. The vast majority of our team swims on Wednesday nights and these times determine the line up for the Saturday meets. These are usually a 5 p.m. warm-up and 6 p.m. start time for the meet.
We are in a Potomac B-League with Inverness, Old Farm, Eldwick, Montgomery Square and Rockshire to and 5 meets through the season, culminating with a fun-first season-ending meet on a Sunday morning at Tallyho. PIRC, which we hosted for years is still TBD, but we do intend on some sort of meet on Sunday, July 16 for planning purposes.
- Wednesday, June 14, Away @ Montgomery Square
- Wednesday, June 21, Away @ Old Farm
- Wednesday, June 28, Home vs. Inverness
- Wednesday, July 5, Home vs. Eldwick
- Wednesday, July 12, Away @ Rockshire
- Sunday, July 16 -- PIRC RELAY CARNIVAL @ Tallyho
FRIDAY NIGHT SPIRIT EVENTS "PASTA DINNERS"
We kick off the season with a team pep rally the night before Time Trials. We then host a pizza party and pot-luck pasta dinners at the pool with spirit events. These are fun and necessary! The swimmers work collaboratively on concepts to decorate for home meets or plan costumes for away meets.
- Friday, June 16 -- TEAM PIZZA PARTY!
- Friday, June 23 -- PASTA DINNER #1
- Friday, June 30 -- PASTA DINNER #2
- Friday, July 7 -- PASTA DINNER #3
- Friday, July 14 -- PASTA DINNER #4